Friday, June 25, 2010

Graduation!!

And I'm back again, with another lame apology that you guys don't want to hear... And I'd love to blame my absence on those dreaded CSEC exams that I've been complaining about since God knows when, but let's face it.... those were over a long time ago... I've just been lazy.... and for that I sincerely apologise. But you don't have to accept it, just read. ;) 

       Now on to the good stuff. I've GRADUATED from my school... officially. And although I'm reapplying to spend another two years there, preparing for yet another set of hugely important exams (yes, prepare for the ranting), there's still a sense of freedom as I spend 3 entire months not being an official student of the school. 
       Now the Graduation Ceremony was great! Surprisingly... You see we (we being the students) all expected it to be some drab formal dinner sitting for hours at tables listening to speech after speech about how vibrant and full of life this year's graduates were... as they bored us to death...
       It turned out to be quite the opposite though... There were only a few speeches and they'd been quite well done... i.e. short and sweet... and the rest of the ceremony was filled with us collecting some tokens (Dog tags with the school emblem printed on it) and then the dancing/hanging out part of the night. 
       Okay... before I move on... I don't know how many of you know me that well... but if you did, you'd know that I'm pretty much the quiet, self-conscious, awkward type of teenaged boy. I know it and I don't care frankly. So in other words, I am not exactly the kind of person you expect to actually DANCE... so it was a surprise, even to myself, when I found myself on the dance floor, without having so much as a care, and dancing... wait for it.... with a girl. You see the big thing about that was... I didn't take a date to Grad... and I'd never met this girl before in my life till that night... 

My friends' reactions were hilarious! First of all, one of them was kinda into the girl I was dancing with, but he was to chicken to dance... and she even asked him first. And secondly, while I was dancing I turned around and saw one of my friends behind me just standing there. Over the music he shouted to me that he'd searched the hall a couple times looking for me but it never occurred for him to check the dance floor... It was ME after all. The whole thing was just one huge laugh. 

But anyway... it was a wonderful night and everyone had loads of fun... I'd put some pictures up but I don't know if my friends would be open to having their faces open to the whole world :P

So 'till then just imagine a gorgeous guy getting down on the dance floor and you've got the picture ;)

-Levi Jeans