Thursday, March 18, 2010

God Is Watching You

Due to the insufferable heat we've been experiencing recently, we decided to go to the beach with our grandparents and uncle. Now I was looking forward to the drive because my uncle is one of those fun ones who constantly asks me,"But does she look good or not?" :P
Well the drive started alright. But Granddad needed to fill up the tank so we stopped off at the gas station. As we looked out of the windows, we spot this bumper sticker up on a slightly open door saying,"God Is Watching You." It's only when we look at what's behind the door and spot the toilette that we burst out laughing. Now my uncle pulls out his camera but can't get a good shot at the door and the toilette together. And did I mention he has multiple sclerosis which affects his legs? So he asks me to hop out and try to get the picture and I gladly oblige. Note that all this is while Granddad is filling gas.


Well I go fairly close to the slightly open door and snap once or twice. That's when the petrochemical distributor  (you know... the pump lady?) calls across to me from on of the gas pumps.
"Yuh seein' sometin' in dere awa?!"
The expression on her face was scary as hell! It then occurred to me that a teenaged boy walking up to an ajar bathroom door and taking pictures doesn't really give a very innocent impression. And kids in this country can be total perverts! I flushed the brightest red I could with my brown complexion and explained.
"N-no it's just the... uh...the sign!"
"Aw-haw... the sign... okay." - And with that she turned away, probably reasoning that a boy with such a handsome, innocent face could never be up to no good... :D
Nevertheless it was still fairly embarrassing and facing the laughter of my sister and uncle in the jeep wasn't exactly the highlight of the day.
Just thought I'd share the experience with you guys because I must admit it was pretty funny...
I'll try to get the real photo and put it up for you guys.