Monday, October 5, 2009

I should probably write something

Hey fellow bloggers and my few followers... Um so I guess I haven't written in a while. Just been busy I guess and well lazy... So let's see. What's new...
1. I cut my finger today with a chef's knife while chopping garlic (onions were burning my eyes and then *slip*)
2. Hmm listening to some new music... although most of it is old like:
The Noisettes
Green Day
Gorillaz
Arctic Monkeys
and I'm loving Deed I Do by Diana Krall

3. Got addicted to House M.D. so I'm pretty sure I wanna' do medicine now... I'm basing the rest of my life on a television show.
4. And I wrote this essay for school... the only reason I'm putting it up here is 'cuz I typed it so I can just copy and paste XD:


Nathan collapsed onto his bed in their tiny Brooklyn apartment. Frankly, Nathan hated it there. He missed Washington and the woods behind their house. He missed his mother and despised the thought that she was buried so many miles away. And he couldn’t understand why his father had taken the job offer in New York. They had just returned from Washington that evening, from visiting friends and his mother’s grave, and the events of the day were still fresh in Nathan’s mind. But Lying on the bed, his eyelids grew heavy and he could feel himself slipping quickly into his deeper subconscious.

The icy wind swept the warmth from Nathan’s skin and instantly he knew where he was. He was in the woods of Washington at night, wandering as he often did after dark. As he quietly sauntered between gnarled trees and over knotted roots he let the familiar sounds penetrate his ears. The harmony of crickets was accompanied by the whistling wind as the trees conducted this most beautiful orchestra with their tan, leafy batons. The frogs joined this chorus as Nathan approached the gargling creek and as he slipped his bare, brown feet into the swirling waters, he sighed with pleasant surprise at the warmth which the water had stolen from the previous day. In the dim light of the moon he could faintly see the white of the water as it made its way over rocks and stones and he could hear the lapping of the water upon the banks. After what felt like a couple minutes of bliss, Nathan forded the creek and began to follow the well known path to a clearing where he used to spend hours at a time, thinking, listening and at times doing nothing but breathing with a clear mind.

Looking upwards, Nathan observed the thinning foliage as he walked, and when there was nothing but the pale moon and seemingly delicately placed stars above him, he looked down and out into the clearing, and he froze. Standing not three feet before him, facing away, was a figure he recognised instantly. As she turned towards Nathan, her thin lips parted in a warm, loving smile, he could do nothing but faintly mutter the word, “Mom.” She nodded in reply all the while with her pearly white teeth exposed in a broad grin. She was oddly easily visibly in the weak moonlight and Nathan noticed every detail about her from the sparkle in her hazel eyes to the flawlessness in her sun-kissed skin. Her auburn hair was the same length as the last time he had seen her and it flowed gracefully down her neck to the middle of her back which was covered by the glowing, white summer gown she was wearing.

She began to stretch her hand out towards his face and Nathan closed his eyes in anticipation. But nothing came; no touch, no warmth and when Nathan opened his eyes in confusion, he was staring up at the white gypsum ceiling of his bedroom. And as the confusion began to fade, the sadness began to grow and the tears began to flow, and they flowed like they would never end.

Again I need to work on endings but overall I think it's okay... at least compared to other's I've read.... Not being arrogant or anything but... Well that's it for today...

0 comments:

Post a Comment