Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Never Enough

Why are my parents never content with the amount of work I do... I topped the form in Physics and Biology last year!! The form!! And all they have to say is that I'm spending too much time on recreation like listening to music and watching House MD. Really? Some parents would kill to have their kids do as academically well as I do and yet all mine do is complain, complain, complain. I'm not being conceited so I'm sorry if that last statement seemed that way but it's necessary to get my point across. I mean I took their advice for a bit and I did about an hour of Chemistry studies tonight and what happens? My Dad knocks on my bedroom door. I open... immediately I protect myself," I did studies so don't jump on my case!!"
"How much studies."
So I say,"Some."
Then he starts going on about how I can't just study when I feel like it and I need to make a time table for studying on a schedule and I'm standing here listening and refraining myself from ripping my hair out, screaming and jumping off the balcony (We were pretty close to it actually XD).
Ok so I know that they think I have more potential and they say these things in my best interest but why can't they stop being so selfish!! Ok that last part probably needs some explanation... I say they're selfish because it would give them pleasure to see me do even better. They want to unlock my full potential. And they want to guarantee me a great future.
Now why can't they leave those things up to me!!! Let me decide how much I want success!
Now if you're older than me this post is going to seem full of childish thoughts and the stupid rants of the average 14 year old. But it's a lot deeper than you think. Imagine coming second in exams and you're parents say," That's good! But how much did the other guy beat you by?" *Crash*
It's never enough! Ah well I'm probably gonna look back on this when I have kids and say that I was stubborn and ignorant but that's only because I'll have lost the understanding and feeling of being a teenager. *Sigh* oh well enough venting for tonight. I actually feel a lot better now...

0 comments:

Post a Comment