Saturday, January 23, 2010

Does God Hate Haiti?

Recently in school my friend joked,"Why does God hate Haiti?" A fairly good question though, given the circumstances. Honestly, I was looking at the Hope For Haiti concert last night on TV (was quite good actually, made me feel all that world unity stuff) and one Reverend of some church in the US called and was speaking to Steven Spielberg. She said that it was an uneasy time in church and it was difficult to explain to the kids, why God would cause such a disaster. I wondered how exactly they explained that one...

But previously, after my friend had asked the question, I'd gone to Dad, as I usually do with any religious question. Note that we are Christians but have a very open view of who God is.
Dad's theory (and I quite like it) is that God created the earth... and earthquakes happen on earth... He basically said that the view that God is some guy sitting in the sky wondering,"What should I do tomorrow?" is quite the misconception of his nature. Sure, the earthquake happened, but that doesn't mean that God made it happen. I sorta got the gist of what he was trying to say and that's my interpretation.
But I can't deny that the atheists are gonna have a feast with this one :P
(No offence to any of my readers if they're atheists... but cummon' guys, it's a stupid decision - I'm not saying to be a Christian - but just find a religion people!)

3 comments:

dCAT said...

I don't believe God hates Haiti at all. In fact the bible clearly states he loves all of his children with an unfailing love. I agree with what your Dad said as well..God didn't say "I think I'll just go corrupt Haiti today."

Being a Christain myself, I totally agree.

Admin1 said...

Wow! I absolutely love your blog especially this particular post. You done a great job on it! You are so right about that. ive had alotta questions lately about God not being good because of the disasters. You explained it well! ill be back to read more :)

Levi said...

Thank you guys! I just felt sharing that with everyone. It's bound to be a difficult time for a lot of people...

Post a Comment