Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Je Te Louerai

"Hakuna wakaita sa Jesu!"... World Fellowship Sunday is approaching in the Mennonite church, to which I belong. Now let's get one thing straight, we are not Old Order Mennonites. We are not unusually conservative or technophobic. We're basically another bunch of protestants :)
Anyways we're having a joint service on that Sunday. That's when all the Mennonite congregations in Trinidad and Tobago (which are only a few) gather at one of the churches and this year it's at our Diego Martin church, the first one to be built here actually. Guess who's on the worship team for that service!
You see, the whole World Fellowship Sunday is all about mixing all the cultures in the Mennonite Church around the world so we try to sing different songs from all over the place! This year we've got 'Hakuna Wakaita' and 'Je Louerai l'Eternel' (though we'll sing that one in English... boring...) and Dad even found us a Hindi Christian song! So that one's in there. I'll most probably be playing the piano, keyboard, drums or singing, despite my pathetic lack of vocal skills - but hey... I can carry a melody so I guess that's good enough.  I'm looking forward to that. It's the first time the Trinidadian church has participated in this event so hopefully we'll do it justice.

In the search for 'Je Louerai l'Eternel' on Youtube I came across this other great French Christian song and I really like it. Just thought I'd share it with you guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment