Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Yay! Beyonc... Huh?!

Beyonce's performing on my B'day (hehe - who got that joke?) in February and I am was so excited!!!
Why is that 'am' scratched out? Well on the first day of sales, all the bloody tickets were sold out! I know... What the HELL??!!


Another thing that's been bugging me is that with all this talk of the times being hard and cutting back, people still have no problem spending $1600 TTD (about $260 USD) on a 'VVIP' ticket... Now who's ever heard of VVIP?? It's not even a backstage pass, just some piece of paper that says I'm more important that you and you get to be separated from the rest of the crowd, who are dancing and mixing, because you're a freaking snob. A**holes... - pardon my French, even if it is censored.
I can wrap my mind around the $450 TTD (about $75 USD... I should let you guys do the math - I hope you can divide by 6) general admission tickets being sold out, but are people such squanderers that they're willing to pay $1600 to feel more special than everybody else? And trust me when I say that no one in Trinidad and Tobago is a Very Very Important Person... there aren't even any Very Important Persons!!
I don't know. Maybe I'm just upset because I didn't get a ticket. But I have a right to be don't I? It's my birthday... :(

6 comments:

Kabeer said...

lol yea sorry levi...but why do they only bring famous R&B singers like Akon, Chris Brown and Beyonce? Some Green Day, Linkin Park or Coldplay would be nice...

Levi said...

'Cuz Beyonce will always sell out faster than those bands - Really... think of the ratio of Rock Listeners to R&B Listeners in this country... There's your answer.

Workforced said...

Wow, that's extremely expensive! I'm amazed. You should listen to bands that only your parents like; apart from the Rolling Stones they're much more affordable!

Don

www.workforced.com

Anonymous said...

You have a dirt mind Levi lol. But that's ok, b/c I'm pretty perverted myself haha

We're learning about Latin America this unit in Wld. Geo. and we had to label a map and when I was labeling Trinidad and Tobago, I immediately thought of you (hope you don't think of me as a CR33P3R LOL). I didn't even know T&T was in Latin America. I feel so dumb lol. Anyway, just thought I'd share that little tidbit with you :)

I have the same b-day as Beyonce! I should call her up and ask for a ticket for you ;). Yea...I wish lol. But it sucks that you didn't get a ticket :(

Anonymous said...

*dirty ;)

Levi said...

Lol well we Trini's don't really consider ourselves part of Latin America. We're more Caribbean guys but I guess internationally, were Latinos lol but Spanish isn't very common here. And no you're not creepy lol ;)
And you should def. call Beyonce and get me a ticket! LOL

Post a Comment