Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Bliss that is not want

Books all teens should read!:
1. Inheritance Series
2. Harry Potter's
3. The Book Thief
4. The Kite Runner
5. That other book by the author of the kite runner
6. Twilight Series

Ok now that that's over... on to the next topic....
Christmas!
Okay it's still early November but I need to start deciding what I want for Christmas... So I'm a really decisive person when it comes to gifts that I have a choice in (B'day or Xmas). Usually, I spend weeks studying reviews and comparisons before making the right choice. This year though something's different. I feel... almost...well...content.
It's quite an odd feeling after so many years of knowing exactly what you want. But I guess it's a good thing, because now my parents won't feel pressured to get me what I want (which is usually expensive-- by our means that is). So this year I've narrowed it down to the following ranging from the pretty expensive to the quite cheap and frankly I feel fine which ever ones I get.

1. Nikon D5000 DSLR
2. Windows 7 Home Premium
3. Mac OS X Snow Leopard
4. External Hard Drive
5. I Am The Messenger (Book) by Markus Zusak (really love The Book Thief)
6. The Host (book) by Stephanie Meyer (Author of the Twilight Series)

Yeh so that's it and really I'd be happy with the 2 books!! It does feel good to not be stressed over getting one particular thing. I feel like I'm doing my parents a justice too.

It's a bit like the way I have little to no expectations of people, so it's hard to be disappointed with them (a bit about how I think). I know it's probably better to have expectations and to believe in the good in people's hearts but frankly it's much easier to not care!


0 comments:

Post a Comment