Thursday, November 12, 2009

Songs of the day (made it plural hehe*) - Lady Gaga- Bad Romance
Rihanna- Russian Roulette
And because the other songs are so mainstream...
The XX- Crystalised (note the 's' not 'z' - They're British- Yay!!)

School is becoming extremely challenging. Not that the work is difficult but simply the thought of revising two years of work for CSEC (Caribbean Secondary Education Certificate) Exams is overwhelming. As you may have gathered from previous posts, I do pretty well in school. But there are still some nerves. My problem is, I guess, my inability to study or do any work on my own. Pretty pathetic, I know, but it's true. After having been given the gift of academic prowess, it's being wasted because of my laziness.
I really need help studying. To tell you the truth, I'm not sure I know how to study. Before now, everything has come pretty easily but I know that I can't rely on that from now on. I know my father is right-- You can be as naturally smart or as bright as you want but the person who comes home and puts in the extra 2-3 hours of study will eventually surpass you. I see it everyday. In school or out, it's a known fact.
So that's scaring me right now, especially as Christmas Exams are in the next few weeks and then it's head on preparation for Mock Exams and eventually the real deal, CSEC.
And by the way, if anybody's curious, I'm doing - Biology, Physics, Chemistry, AS Maths, Maths, English Language and Literature, French and Physical Education.
*Sigh* I need to get serious... but it's so hard...

2 comments:

mnm1309 said...

You sound just like me :)
I never study, and I'm guessing pretty soon thats going to start catching up with me .
I take Physical Science (chemistry & physics), Algebra, World History, Grammer, Vocab, Literature, Composition, the usual stuff and a Chinese language course .

Levi said...

Nice Subs- Like the Chinese :)... yeh we really should start studying more. I've just put in maybe and hour or more on Bio before this so I'm pretty happy!! But I can feel this knot of muscle at the back of my neck... I think it's stress related, this is the most stressed I've been in eons. Anyways thanks for the comment!

Post a Comment