Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Reading and Studying

A couple days ago, my English teacher read us a sample short story sent from CSEC. It had been written by a boy who was once our age (14-16) and it was one of the most amazing short stories I have ever read. The way story moved forward while incorporating an amazing vocabulary with some astounding imagery. I wish I could write like that. I write well, but I take some time to perfect it. So under exam time and pressure, my writing is average at best.
One of the things I need to start dong more often is READING. I used to be an amazing reader. Reading books like Little Women when I was 11/12. Something changed dramatically in Secondary School. I read 4 books a year now.
Terrible.
Really it is.
But that's going to change...

Oh and I've got(ten* for all my American friends)  into a good study habit of doing almost 2hrs every night!
Woohoo!

Thank for reading! This is a random post!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I probably would have no knowledge or culture if it wasn't for reading. And i worry for the kids of today with their heads shoved into PS3's and iPods! Books are the way to go.

Post a Comment