Thursday, December 17, 2009

Awkward Situations

Don't you just hate awkward moments? Today Add. Maths lessons was crowded as usual and I guess my reaching a few minutes late didn't help the situation much. Taking one of the few seats available (with another empty one next to me) I sat down and started taking out my books. 
Then she walked in. 
Oh God...
I could tell she felt the same way I did by the frantic movements of her eyes as she scanned the class room for another seat- any other seat. But alas, all had been occupied excepting the one beside me. We both stiffened up as she sat down and began removing her stationary from her bag.
Notebook....
Textbook...
Pen...
Just focus on your work Levi!!
Hard to with her next to me. Neither of us looked up. Neither of us spoke. Just scribbled in our books. 
It would've continued for the full 2 hours if Ms. Redon hadn't asked her to go sit next to another girl and help her. I love you Ms. Redon... 
Okay I guess you're wondering by now is who is this girl?
You see, this girl was the most sought after chick in Primary School. Yes, what is wrong with 9-12 year old boys these days?! But moving on... when we left primary school and entered Secondary School... I somehow got her mobile number. One text led to another and soon I was telling her that I liked her and she telling me that she liked me. Note that all this time we hadn't seen each other since we left Primary School. Well we left it at that I mean really... two 12 year olds like each other but never see each other, nothing is gonna happen there. That was 3 years ago and this is the first time I'm seeing her again. You'd think we'd be over that by now and we are somewhat... we obviously don't think of each other as liking us but for some reason - knowing that the last thing we really said to each other was that we secretly liked each other was a bit unnerving. *Sigh* And me being the shy, self-conscious guy that I am probably didn't help much...

4 comments:

groovacious said...

I loved the post and I totally undersand how AWKWARD it can be with crushes and non-crushes (especially if you stared at them by accident and now they think you like them).

Levi said...

Thanks! Yeh these things can be so weir sometimes...

Kabeer said...

lol wow levi...nah but this post was actually really good. i can relate to it. btw u gotta show me this person in lessons! :P

Levi said...

Haha I don't think so Kabeer lol-hmmm... maybe...

Post a Comment