Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Day After Boxing Day...

Today was a long day.
Church.
Nan(Grandmother)'s House.
Häagen-Dazs.
And finally home to cosy up in front of the television set with my Dad and sister, watching a pirated copy of Julie & Julia. 

Today was the perfect representation of the spontaneously planned days which seem to be favourites around the holiday periods. My aunt and cousins from southern Trinidad came up north this morning and met us in church where we stayed for the entire service before taking off to my Nan's place for lunch. We exchanged gifts and hung out there for a few hours - well until the evening time and then my aunt and cousins left.
"I need a little 'pick me up'", says Dad. End of conversation... Häagen-Dazs it is!
After waiting nearly a half hour to be served, eating, and then waiting maybe another half hour for the bill, we drove home: My sister with our mother and me with our father (they were using separate vehicles). Wait! Did I say we drove home! Well not before popping into one of those illegal pirated DVD stores and buying a copy of Julie & Julia. We felt a bit guilty. Honestly we did. Especially after we've spent eons complaining about how lawless this place is and feigning disbelief at the fact that the business has actually been up and running for what? Over a year now? But lets be honest guys, disbelief doesn't exist in this country. ANYTHING happens here. But contributing to that rubbish really hit us hard - no matter how convenient those stores are.
Nevertheless, as soon as we found ourselves inside the house, into the DVD player popped Julie & Julia. I really enjoyed it! From the previews I had no idea hat it had anything to do with food nor blogs but it had looked very good anyway. The acting was great (I've refrained from using phenomenal here even though it was my 1st instinct, as  I'm a 14 year old kid with probably terrible judgement of movie quality) and the movie really had some good ideas -
1. Butter (note: not margarine) is probably the most amazing edible product ever created (Screw cholesterol).
2. Blogs should always have a point (unlike mine).
3. Cooking and French are awesome especially when paired together.


1 comments:

Arya ^_^ said...

OMG..,.....ironic isint it...that movie inspired me to start my own blog...i liked the movie a lot too. Did you know its actually a true story...okay well u probably would have already known that ... but a really sweet movieee
:):)
And Nice BloG BTW...cool layout! ( i mean the wall paper thingi)

Post a Comment