Thursday, December 3, 2009

Oh Britannia...

Ugh... back to this dilemma of "to go or not to go". *Sigh*

As you probably already don't know I'm a citizen of the United Kingdom.

 After AS Maths lessons today, my lessons teacher (who taught me Maths in Standard 5) and my mom got to talking about Universities - oh no.... Basically what happens is:
Ms. Redon - "You're lucky that Levi has citizenship of the UK. If Andrew (her son) could have had that it would be soooo much easier for us to pay (he's attending uni in Ireland)."

Mom - "Yeh..."

Ms. Redon - "But he has to be there 3 years before he can get home fees, plus the good Universities accept sometimes only 5-8 foreign students."

Mom - "We know but that means we'll have to send him up there next year to his grandparents and I don't think his Dad's ready to give him up yet (time to be a bit selfless Dad)."

Ms. Redon - "If it were my kids I'd wipe up my tears and send their tails to boarding school. I mean you have to think of their futures (thanks Ms. Redon!!)"

So I really want to go. Plus I'd be living in my grandparents' attic :D How cool would that be?! An attic as my room :) I'd have to leave all my friends behind here though :( And I'd have to go to a private school for the remaining two years of my secondary education which could be expensive... :(
But I want my awesome British accent XD- Okay I'm not that petty but come on that'd be freaking awesome!!

3 comments:

Kabeer said...

dude im in like the exact same situation as u... lol except for me its canada cuz im a canadian citizen

Levi said...

Kewl Kabeer. Do you have to be there for a certain amount of time before you get treated like a citizen for education??

Kabeer said...

Well u cannot be out of the country for more than two years if ur a resident but im a citizen now so it doesnt matter

Post a Comment