Friday, December 18, 2009

La Musique

Music... Why are some people afraid to tell the truth about their musical tastes? I'm going to come out about mine right here -
-I listen to any genre: Rock, R&B, Pop, Hip-Hop, Rap(very few songs but still some), Reggae(who could deny Bob), Dance 
-I have Britney Spears songs on my iPod
-In general I think British artistes are better than American ones (no offense to anyone)
-I think Beyonce and Christina Aguilera have amazing voices.
-I've just discovered Florence + The Machine and I love Bird Song and Kiss With a Fist.
-I criticize my sister for listening to Disney artistes.
- I am sometimes known among my peers for listening to music that no one has ever heard of and I like that. 
- I think Taylor Swift is average at best.


I hate genre haters. People who hate Rap... or those who think Rock is for white boys...?? I hate people who listen to music to fit in with the crowd that listens to that music. 
People who want to have a decent musical career should not be promoted, signed to or associated with Disney!


There are my thoughts about music :D
Everyone should come out about their quirky musical likes-
I'd like to hear some in comments. Who are you most embarrassed about liking and who do you like the most?












7 comments:

groovacious said...

I like anything that captivates my attention. I am known to lay in bed and listen to jazz or classical music when I'm supposed to be up on my arse getting ready for school (I have a radio alarm clock). I think Jeff Buckley has a beautiful and angelic voice. I went through a Christina Aguilera phase, I have her CD Back to Basics. I love the 2nd CD, it's so theatrical.

Levi said...

Haha Sometimes I'll stay up late into the night playing classical stuff and my parents will come make me go to sleep. I had my Aguilera phase when I was about 12 :D and I still acknowledge that powerhouse voice. Right now I'm getting into the Fleet Foxes. They came out in '08 so I'm a bit late on the scene but whatever :)

Suni said...

I love soul music.
Indie rock. Most of my friends wouldn't understand the term Neo-Soul!Which i love. Some of them find it weird. But i love it.
Also Classical Blues.
I'm such a music addict that you can tell what mood i am in just by the music i play.
Sway by The Perishers means i'm feeling kinda depressed by love.
One of those Nights by The Cab means i'm feeling really happy.
What I've Done by Linkin Park means i'm studying.
Brown Skin by India Arie means i'm in love.
Golden by Jill Scott means i'm enoying life to the fullest.
Super Massive Blackhole by The Muse means you really really REALLY shouldn't come into my room because i dont feel like any contactt with the human race at the moment.
Weird huh?
But one guy told me thats what makes me so unique, because i dont try being anyone i'm not!Even in my music taste. I dont like people who pretend to be honest when it comes to music....music is my first love!!!
Just really cant get enough.

Colin said...

I have to agree with you on artist joining Disney. I don't think there have been any near decent ones. :)

Moccasins and Headphones said...

Headphones:
I love almost every type of music out there except certain rap (not all just some)

I like Britney Spears (although sometimes i say otherwise)

Justin Bieber is ok.....

I am in love with The Beatles, The Skydiggers, City and Colour and Nirvana....

I don't really like disney music-at all.

When people look through my ipod they hardly ever recognize any songs...

Moccasins and Headphones said...

Moccasins:
I don't have a certain taste in music..I've been exposed to a bunch of different stuff thanks to my brother who changes the radio in the car every 2 minutes.
I am in love with Matt Nathanson & John Mayer but if I'm out partying, I'm sure no one would know who they were.
I think that you being so open to sharing, not caring what others think is great! Your writing is very enjoyable to read.

Levi said...

Oh wow I just saw all these other comments. Thanks guys for sharing too! And LOL at Supermassive Blackhole Suni. And thanks too Moccasins and Headphones for being such good sports and sharing too!!

Post a Comment